Fee B’s Wild Card: Fame Monster vs. Silent Success

Posted by Posted by Fee B. On 3:59 PM


                                          Fee B’s Wild Card: Fame Monster vs. Silent Success

Yo! It’s the one and only Fee B…hope all has been well since we last had mental sex ;) So no need for the foreplay this time let’s get right to the dirty deed. The Wild Card Topic today is Fame Monster vs. Silent Success.

You addicted to the lights /Without the fame/ How you gonna survive/It's like living on Heroine/ You so high/ And everybody warning you about it
And once you taste you can't live without it (It's addictive)
Not cause you choose to not live without it (Sure you want this baby)
It's now a part of you (It's a part of you)
It's now a part of you
And everybody warning you about it (I see you blinded)
And once you taste you can't live
Ooh it's the lights (It's the lights)
Action! (Action)
Hollywood (Hollywood)
Ooh it's the lights (Satisfaction)
Satisfaction! (So addictive)”

That’s a verse from a Jay-Z song called Hollywood. Now I hate to use Hip Hop to make a point but it is addictive. No I never have been famous outside of my head nor have I actually been to Hollywood but when I look at all the desperate attempts for 15 minutes of fame I consider myself pretty damn knowledgeable on the subject. Even those who have gained fame do crazy things to keep it and stay in the spotlight. I hate to be the college dropout to tell people Fame has a limit. Unfortunately society is vain and only what’s hot, relevant and sexy will get ads and endorsements no matter how many times you lift your face. People are also fickle what’s hot one day really isn’t guaranteed to be hot the same time next year. One bad movie, awful song, wrong romance and someone once on top of the totem pole is suddenly six feet under. However success has no expiration date. There is no beauty requirement for success and to be honest I’d take success over fame any day. Why subject myself to scrutiny from the masses that can never be pleased? Someone will always have a problem or opinion when you’re famous. I would write forever without showing my face and to be honest without being paid as long as I had people who thoroughly enjoy what they read…now I can’t lie to you being paid for it would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeet but definitely not necessary. Sadly enough we live in a time where true talent and potential success is overshadowed by the willingness to do anything to be seen…the exact opposite of how it should be…Which is why you should continue to support BLAH. Yes we do this for ourselves because we love to write but we do this for you because we are you…we’re sitting next to you on the train, standing in line with you in McDonalds, Saturday night sippin just like you…Rock with us, We’re reppin for y’all! Well my people thank you so much for letting me into your heads to make love to your mind…check me out next week to see what ends up being the Wild Card Topic!

Smooches

~Fee B

4 comments

  1. Anonymous Said,

    I am extremely impressed with your writing skills and also
    with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or
    did you customize it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great
    blog like this one these days.
    Take a look at my weblog http://boligityrkia.net/eiendom-alanya

    Posted on January 24, 2013 at 11:46 PM

     
  2. Relle_Marie Said,

    That is One of my favorite songs. Some folks just want to be "successful" at being "famous." I'll just take plain old success though. Most celebs hate Fame as well which is why its been dubbed the "F" word in Hollywood. I just wanna be successful. Drake's "Successful" just came on the radio as I was typing this so I just had to say it. LOL. Great topic choice. I'm loving the Wild Card!

    Posted on January 25, 2013 at 7:40 AM

     
  3. Fee B. Said,

    And I'm loving you Relle_Marie...and all of you just for reading even if you dont comment...but I would love it if you all said a lil sumthin sumthin. Good bad or indifferent it helps me keep bringing you guys interesting topics

    Posted on January 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM

     
  4. Relle_Marie Said,

    Much Support! :)

    Posted on January 28, 2013 at 11:18 AM

     

Post a Comment