Fee B's Makeup Bag

Posted by Posted by Fee B. On 2:17 PM

                                          Fee B’s Makeup Bag: Gridlocked

I’m back folks and I’m ready to dedicate this entry to all my Chi Town folks who should definitely understand my plight. The item I’m pulling out of my makeup bag is: TRAFFIC/ROAD RAGE. Ugh. Really I’d rather give birth everyday than sit in traffic! I’m more than confused as to why they choose to do construction all over the city at the same time. I get that summer is the best time to do the work because of the weather, but how is it that I never see you construction guys actually working? And because it’s apparently too hot or sunny for you to do your jobs, we commuters are faced with dealing with the fucked up roads and traffic you leave in your down time. So now my dilemma is should I strap rockets to the front of my car to shoot the drivers who act as if they just got their licenses or the construction workers who created the additional traffic? Yes I do have road rage…don’t roll your eyes at me, I know you have it too. All those break riders, accident watchers, super overly cautious drivers, the elderly on their way to McDonalds to have that free or discounted coffee making us miss that green light. I’m more than serious if I had a Marvin the Martian vaporizer…POOF I’d be on the road alone. I’m not a speed racer but I don’t care to be out sitting in a steam box on wheels for more time than necessary especially if the reason isn’t of my own doing. The reason why I dedicate this to Chicago is because if you drive you know rush hour lasts from 1:30 pm to 7:00 pm on the Eisenhower and those trying to avoid that take the construction clad streets making it almost as bad as the expressway at certain times and locations. And with Chicago holding the record for the highest gas prices in America who the hell has money to sit on the breaks and burn the AC for an extra hour? I for damn sure don’t. I won’t even give the clucker looking for $0.50 to pump my gas a break, hey I need my 2 quarters and even though it’s hot I can pump my own damn gas…go stalk another hard working Chicagoan for their pocket change you probably will have more luck than walking my way. The point of my ranting is this: construction workers make a shit load of money per hour just to drag out every project their given. It’s a conspiracy. They get paid the big bucks to create confusion on the roads, while the gas “regulators” in Chicago tax the hell out of the gas for additional profits, that we are forced to buy because we are burning extra gas sitting in this construction zone that could have been finished in less than a months time but somehow has turned into a full summer project. I know you notice it, or maybe you never paid attention to the construction ghost town. So if you haven’t, next time you ride past one just look and see if anything is being done over there. Trust me you will have time as the 2 lane road merges into 1 and you crawl past the zone. And if you don’t feel the need to strap an AK- 47 to your whip and blast everything out of your way I will seek help for my extreme case of Road Rage but I’m willing to bet I’m not alone! So my lovelies that’s going to do it for this weeks makeup bag…until I pull another item out next week…Live, Laugh, Love

2 comments

  1. Perry Jay Said,

    since it is Michael Jackson's birthday today...I will be privileged to sing *clears throat* "You are not alone...I am here with you...." I swear every time I ride through that construction ghost town....I slow down, but after I pass it...I start speeding again...I hate those over paid jerkoffs especially those "Slow Down" sign holders....making all that money just to fuck with us. They are the true definition of "misery loves company" Fuck a pot hole....If you put the shit that held together the Sears Tower then there wouldnt be a need to keep fucking with the streets. This topic really touched me. good job of making me re hate traffic and im sitting at a desk right now...Way to go!!!

    Posted on August 29, 2012 at 2:51 PM

     
  2. Relle_Marie Said,

    "Move"~Ludacris

    Posted on September 27, 2012 at 3:31 PM

     

Post a Comment