N**** What? N!!!! Who?

Posted by Posted by Fee B. On 5:00 PM


                                                                       N**** What? N!!!! Who?

*Disclaimer to try to promote positivity, equality and unity we at BLAH made a pledge to not use to N word in our blogs at all. This blog was done to shed light on an issue I find personally close to home and will be the only time you see any of us use the word on this site* No need for the introductions you know who and what this is…The Wild Card topic today is has the N word been green lighted to be used by anyone, anywhere and in any context. Now I work with a pretty diverse group of people which I’m used to and admittedly I am guilty of using the word in conversation…with those who I know and have that kind of relationship with. I even call my girls bitches…not disrespectfully just in fun. So I was at work one day I work in a kitchen so I was prepping food for the next day and I had my Pandora on Quick Mix so when Lil Wayne came on my white male coworker got to rocking out to it, rapping along. It’s safe to say at some point Lil Wayne is going to say the word so when he did and so did my coworker I was just stunned. I couldn’t help but wonder what the fuck made him think or feel that it was okay for him to say that in my presence? True enough he didn’t call me one but when did it become acceptable for whites to even say that aloud and outside of their homes or cars? Odd thing is he didn’t even seem like he even gave it any thought outside of being on point with the lyrics. It makes me think of all the white rappers allowed to use the word because their rapping. Has the everyday use of the word by blacks made it seem acceptable for anyone to say it? I see groups of young white boys calling each other that and I can’t help but wonder if they do it because they think it’s a cool word or because they really are ignorant little shits? There was once a time when the word was beeped out on tv I can find shows that slide it right on in there. Is it hypocritical to be offended when hearing the word knowing the history behind it and still use the word yourself? Will there ever be a day when the word isn’t used at all? I know I’m guilty of saying it but in my mind I’ve convinced myself it’s okay because we earned the exclusive right to use it being disrespected and called that for so long it’s just like saying son, joe, kid, fam, or homie. I don’t know maybe I’m just being overly sensitive but I don’t feel it’s appropriate at all more so for races not black to be use the word even in song in public. If they want to call us N!@#$ do it like they have been for years…over the dinner table! Talk to me people am I way off base for my feelings or actions or am I justified in feeling this way? Well my people thank you so much for letting me into your heads to make love to your mind…check me out next week to see what ends up being the Wild Card Topic!

Smooches

~Fee B

2 comments

  1. Relle_Marie Said,

    This comment has been removed by the author.

    Posted on February 7, 2013 at 6:09 PM

     
  2. Anonymous Said,

    I've heard Latinos say the N word & I was shocked just like you was, I feel like if I had a good friend outside of my race, I wouldn't mind them saying it around me, as long as they not being disrespectful cuz I say it a lot, but to hear random people that's not black say it makes me uncomfortable... I don't even like saying the word in public, especially around white people

    Posted on February 8, 2013 at 9:06 AM

     

Post a Comment