Freedumb

Posted by Posted by Perry Jay On 12:38 PM

I am not a radical by any means, I just have some radical tendencies. ~Perry

Hosea 4: 6 (KJV) My people perish from a lack of knowledge. If you don't believe in the bible here it is in worldly terms "African Americans disappear due to ignorance" This is by far not a racial issue, you can insert any race in the place of  "my people". According to my good friend Webster, he informed me that the word  "Freedom" is the power or right to act, speak, or think as one wants without hindrance or restraint. I then reflected on a English as a Second language course I took many moons ago and what we forget is that some words are derived from root word which in this case is  "Free" and a suffix which is "Dom". Webster then pulled me to the side again and told me, "if that is the case the word" "Free" means not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes and the word "Dom" is an Anglo-Saxon law that means a body of written rules and customs. Now my question to Webster was, how can you NOT be under the control or power of another but yet you have to abide by written rules and customs? Isn't that like an oxymoron or something? And he said "you know what, YOU RIGHT" The moral of the story is never debate with a dictionary, you will never win. MY NAME IS PERRY AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE. #CommentsWelcomed

1 Comment

  1. Relle_Marie Said,

    "Free"~ Destiny's Child

    Posted on September 27, 2012 at 7:39 PM

     

Post a Comment