Fee B's Makeup Bag: Back in the Day

Posted by Posted by Fee B. On 2:39 PM

                                          Fee B’s Makeup Bag: Back in the Day

*Singing* Back in the days when I was young I’m not a kid anymore but sometimes I sit and wish I was a kid again*
Hey guys, all of these August birthdays (all hail the chief…and editor that is: Happy Birthday again) got me to thinking about my monumental 30th birthday approaching in a few weeks and all the shit that I miss from back in my younger days. For starters: Music. Don’t judge me for missing quality vocals of refined R&B artists like Patti La Belle or Anita Baker even Whitney Houston may she rest in peace. I’d even settle for the Tamia’s and Jill Scott’s and Alicia Keys but I’m bombarded with more and more auto tuned rap and even R&B. Songs about nothing, no purpose just hooks with banging bass beats to over power the dumb ass lyrics. Sex sells I get it, but we aren’t watching it we’re listening to it. So why are there no quality singers out there making music anymore? Well let me clarify, why aren’t major labels pushing REAL music anymore? Because I for damn sure wouldn’t call this shit out now music. And movies. The remakes are becoming ridiculous. They are taking movies I grew up loving and turning them into garbage ass reboots for the sake of a dollar sacrificing the art that it once represented. Hell even the snacks are different. No more colored pop secret popcorn, the Hi C Slimmer juice(ectoplasm from Ghostbusters) that was oh so yummy even though it was green...Gone. Carebear waffles, teddy grams and what the hell happened to icee cups? No not the red or blue icee cups from gas stations with the polar bear on the cup and not snowballs I’m talking icee cups in the Styrofoam cups that you had to peel and break off the cup to eat the icee since it was frozen in the shape of the cup. Where are all the good cartoons and tv shows that I used to watch He Man and Thundercats, Dennis the Menace, Duck Tales, Fraggle Rock, Tiny Toon Adventures, Gargoyles, Rocko’s Modern Life, Doug, Ren and Stimpy, Pinky and the Brain, Daria, Heathcliff, Small Wonder, Different Strokes, Alf, Harry and the Hendersons, Dangerous Women (yea it’s a little out there but that was still my shit) Double Dare, Sister, Sister, Saved by the Bell, Star Search…I seriously need to stop myself because I could go on forever but you get the point. Even the games kids play are different. We used to play hide and go get it. They are just going straight to the house to get it. Tag nowadays means you’re in a picture on someone’s Facebook page. I don't see kids playing with Chutes and Ladders, Chinese Jump Rope or Slinky's. The game of Trouble now isn't a board game, it's what to do with that unplanned pregnancy. I know to live is to evolve but what changed in society that made certain things of the past irrelevant and others worth recycling? Fuck clothes coming back in fashion bring back the good movies and music and good living of the days I grew up in. Just thought I’d take you guys back real quick…what are some of the things you’re missing from back in the days? Well my peeps until the next time I reach into my makeup bag…Live, Laugh, Love

2 comments

  1. Perry Jay Said,

    Thank you for the bday shout out (I missed you on Saturday). You really did take me back down memory lane. I miss the hell out of them shows and the music now a days suck monkey balls. You cant forget Monopoly, we would play that game for hours. Im thinking about having a vintage game night...who's down?

    Posted on August 22, 2012 at 5:53 PM

     
  2. Relle_Marie Said,

    I just miss being a kid period. Sleeping in on Saturday mornings watching cartoons with that big ass mixing bowl of cereal in my lap."Hey Arnold" was my shit. I used to love that lil white boy. And those Long sleepovers at my grandma's with my cousins.....those were the days! I do enjoy some of today's music but my heart will forever belong to the oldies. Advancing technology is the number one reason for the change in this generation.

    Posted on August 22, 2012 at 6:29 PM

     

Post a Comment