Fee B's Makeup Bag: How I Loved Thee?

Posted by Posted by Fee B. On 2:27 PM

                                        Fee B’s Makeup Bag: How I Loved Thee

Happy Wednesday World. Glad you stopped in. I’ve decided the item I’m pulling out of my makeup bag today is: Love. Now I know that love is a vague topic but hear me out. We’re focusing today on when we actually realize what love is. Romantically speaking of course. I know that in my younger days I’ve told a few guys that I loved them, and to be honest at that moment then I really did believe I was in love with them. Looking back now, not so much. I did have feelings for them but it wasn’t love. Now that I believe I truly know what love is. I’m sure it took me telling each one of those individuals "I love you" for me to get to the point where I am now but my concern is when did I evolve from puppy love to unconditional love? What moment in my life lead to me looking back saying “you know what even though I said to him I loved him, I really didn’t.” No one teaches you how to love and it’s not as if there’s a class you can take to identify when you are in love and when it’s true love. So am I to believe that it’s something that comes with age? If that’s the case, I’m sorry I have to disagree because there are some people well into middle age that have never been in love, don’t even welcome the idea of it, don’t even know how to do it. So it couldn’t be an age thing. Do you only learn what love is when you meet your soul mate? And if that’s the case do only those who meet them truly know what love is? I know it took me a lot of fuck ups and wrong ones to even realize the capacity for love I have. Is that the only way to ever know what love is and recognize when you are in love? And if so why did it take multiple years after telling them I love you and things ending to even realize and understand it? I know there’s a bunch of little cupids up there some where laughing their asses off at me even trying to understand love, that moment when you realize “No this is really love, I’d take a bullet for you or risk my life to save yours, I don’t wanna live without you kind of love”. I wish I could pinpoint what happened and when that redefined love for me but now that it has been I’m happy that I got the chance to experience the different levels of love or the feeling formally known as love! Until the next time I reach into my makeup bag…Live Laugh LOVE!

2 comments

  1. Anonymous Said,

    Ah love. By far my favorite topic just because it intrigues me so much. Love can be you're best friend and worst enemy at the same time. Personally I don't think anyone truly knows what love is until you meet your soul mate. After being in a relationship for 10 years and realizing I was never really in love.....now that's that bullshit. But again I didn't even know I wasn't in love until I was blindsided by TRUE love. So I'm grateful for that learning experience and have no regrets. I also think everyone should approach new relationships as just that, a NEW relationship. Don't punish the next person for what the last person has done....you could really be cheating yourself out of something beautiful.

    Posted on August 15, 2012 at 3:29 PM

     
  2. Relle_Marie Said,

    "Excuse me"~Jazmin Sullivan

    Posted on September 27, 2012 at 1:44 PM

     

Post a Comment