*Taps Mic*
Can I talk to y'all for a minute?


“To understand me is to understand Confucius speaking in pig Latin with a speech impediment.” – Ron Artest

With that being said, I only hope by the end of my time here on Earth, you will all be able to fluently speak the stuttering bacon language.  


I came across a couple tweets from some lonely ass people that sparked this topic of discussion.



 “Why are men afraid of good women?”  


 I understand there's a new wave of desirable women, and some may relate this topic of discussion to race, but race has nothing to do with it. I ALSO understand some people will read this from the angle in which I'm trying to stay away from, that’s OK, be miserable, I'm coo with that.
(Que tu hace mami, que tu hace)

Firstly, I wouldn’t necessarily call it “afraid”. I would phrase it more a long the lines of “cautious”. (I can see the women now, either, rollin their eyes, or truly intrigued) the word Afraid, in this situation, would be used for if, someone ran away from something out of fear. Cautious would be, someone taking a few steps back to analyze the situation at hand. Sadly, but true, the two words along with the accurate definition get tangled with one another more times than not. I'm not going to sit here and act like some men don’t run away from a situation out of fear, but I'm not talking to the crazy chicks today, I'm not talking to the every weekend, neglect your kids party goers, I'm not talking to the no job having, crazy the minute we met you ladies. No, this ain't for you. You will also have your moment to shine. Who I'm referring to at this time, are the educated, classy, and self respecting women of the world.
 We use caution for them.

Its not that we are afraid of commitment, hell, we buy madden and 2k every year. What happens is; we run across a person we don’t want to hurt (believe it or not, i speak truths). We know the savage in us better than any book can tell you. We know you can’t flourish with us at that point, so why even try?

Ladies, we are who we are…..Men. And men will do man things. Believe it or not, your present boyfriend or (if your fortunate enough) your husband was once a savage. Yes, a savage. Somewhere along the line he had a friend like mine….


I had a discussion with one of the fellas last week and he told me…..



“bro, its just like a baby, you’re never going to be fully ready.”

AKA

- Take a leap of faith-

And that my friend is the key. Once we realize that we’re never going to be fully ready for what we would like see ourselves achieving and prospering in, the better off WE will be. Its when we have faith, can we move forward to say… “love is and can be dope”. The faith part is the hardest thing to acquire. 8/10 men that “lead” you on are fighting a demon inside themselves.

“Do I keep doing my thing? Or do I say f**k it and settle down? But if I settle down, will I be faithful? What if I miss out on something? What if we end up being a couple, then someone comes along that I click with better than “her”? She doesn’t deserve that.


Let me say this…the WOMEN that make us cautious, are the ones that we think can change us. By change, I don’t mean in a bad way, or the way that’s always depicted in TV shows and movies. The change I refer to is the one that allows us to desire improvement to whatever situation we are currently in. That’s when it becomes dope.

At the end of the day, its not us being afraid, its us using caution. The moves we make for a mate at our age (28 and up) require a greater amount accuracy, for we’ve hit and missed somewhere along the line and the recovery time gets longer and longer each trip down lovers lane. Ladies, be aware of the signs he shows you. Everybody doesn’t get an invite to the party. So remember, we are strange creatures just as you are, we’ve already seen your flaws and have accepted them. All we ask is that you do the same and recognize that "caution" and "afraid" are two different words that have 2 totally different meanings. It all goes back to taking your time and letting him prosper so that in the end, both of you can have something to live for, and die with.......


Each other



“Circling the block before I'm parking now, not scared, just cautious now” - Beanie

But Hey, What do I know?
*splits white owl*

ZeeDaay

6 comments

  1. Angel Said,

    Good stuff. Take a leap!!! Believe it or not women struggle with same within. I think we are more willing to just take that leap. "I've been let down, but never been tainted so I stay thirsty for more (love)" is a phrase I can easily relate to. Being "cautious" or "afraid" will alot of times make you miss out on your true soulmate. First impressions aren't always accurate...that's just my view

    Posted on September 11, 2012 at 10:17 AM

     
  2. Ms. Roseanne Said,

    Good, good stuff man. You hit the nail on the head.

    Posted on September 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM

     
  3. Relle_Marie Said,

    That explains it all.

    Posted on September 11, 2012 at 4:57 PM

     
  4. Unknown Said,

    I thank you, you just shed some real light onto a rea life situation. Your insight sounds right on.

    Posted on September 11, 2012 at 7:57 PM

     
  5. RocBoi Said,

    I C U U put in yo big boy pants for this one

    Posted on September 14, 2012 at 4:32 AM

     
  6. Relle_Marie Said,

    "Who Knows"~ Musiq

    Posted on September 27, 2012 at 12:35 PM

     

Post a Comment